Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Toasted Ravioli

I love it when meals look fancy and difficult, but don't actually take too long to put together. This recipe is a great example of that, especially if you use the steam in a bag ravioli. It saves time and dirties less dishes. I have only found steam in a bag ravioli at our Winco and so I stock up when ever I go. Mmm Mmm Mmmm! These were good!

Ingredients:
1 Bag (13 oz.) of Ravioli- frozen or fresh
1 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup buttermilk
oil for frying- I used olive oil

Directions:
  1. Cook ravioli until al dente (follow directions on package). Let them cool.
  2. Heat oil to approximately 350 degrees. (I didn't check the temp. I let it get hot and then tested one to see if it was ready.)
  3. Mix bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of cheese.
  4. Dredge the ravioli in the buttermilk and then in the bread crumb cheese mixture.
  5. Gently place in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on the cooked ravioli.
  7. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.

1 comment: