Friday, February 19, 2010

Enchiladas

Okay first I should say I really dull down my enchiladas for my kids, but add whatever you want to spice yours up ;)

1 lb. chicken breast cooked and shredded (I like to season the meat like I would taco meat)

10 + medium sized flour tortilla shells (depending on how full you make your enchiladas)

1 Large can (rosarita mild) enchilada sauce (0r whatever brand you prefer, I like this one best)

1 2 cup bag monterey jack cheese

4 cups cooked rice (I use white because my kids are picky, I really can't tell any difference because you cover it with enchilada sauce and cheese)


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Lay out shell: add a small layer of rice, chicken, cheese, and enchilada sauce. Roll up and place in a 9X13 glass baking dish. Repeat until all chicken, and rice is used up. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle remaining cheese. Cook for approx. 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted on top. Serve with sour cream on top!


Like I said if you want to add ingredients go ahead. They are pretty easy! I actually let my kids help construct them, and they LOVE it! So take some time and really make it a family meal :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We tried these last night and the whole family loved them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete