Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patty's Week Menu


I love Saint Patrick's Day!! I am not sure why I love it so much since I am not really Irish. I do love the color green and the Celtic dancing, and the bagpipes though. The food is pretty tasty too and so I decided to put together an Irish menu for this week. It involves lots of potatoes and meat. I am trying corned beef and cabbage for the first time and that should be fun. Hopefully it all turns out really good.

Sunday: Leftovers

Monday: Poor Sunday Soup-
This soup makes me happy.

Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie- I don't have a recipe for this. I try to copy how my Mom made it when I was a kid, but I have made some small changes since Christian grew up with green beans under the meat and we always had corn. These days I like to combine them or do half for him and half for me. Either way it is mashed potatoes on top, browned ground beef seasoned with ketchup and spices in the middle, and veggies on the bottom. Oh, and some grated cheddar on top for some extra comfort flavor!

Wednesday: Corn Beef and Cabbage-
Since this one is new for me, I am following a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.

Thursday: Bangers and Mash-
We love this recipe! I couldn't find authentic bangers this year and so I am just using beef brauts, but it should still be good. I am going to dye the mash potatoes green just for some extra holiday fun.

Friday: Eat Out

1 comment:

  1. That bangers and mash recipe is one of my favorites!! Thanks so much for finding it and sharing :). I use the Johnsonville Beer n' Brats.

    ReplyDelete