Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tomato-Basil Chicken

I love breaded chicken recipes and this one is one of the best I have tried. The wheat thins give the chicken a lot of flavor, and the best part is that you have crackers left over to munch on.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain yogurt
5 ounces tomato-basil wheat thins, about half a box
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Parsley, flakes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk

Pour yogurt into a small dish. Crush crackers into fine crumbs. In a separate dish, blend cracker crumbs with Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken breast halves into yogurt, coating both sides. Roll in crumbs until well coated. Place in greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour. For sauce, combine soup and milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot. Serve over chicken.

* Sorry there is no picture. I need to start taking some. I have tried before but they never look that great. Most of the time I just find ones that look similar or use the one from the website I found the recipe. In that case I will always post the link to the original recipe. Really, I should just start taking me own. That would mean we need a new camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment