Friday, January 28, 2011

Easy Alfredo Sauce

Christian loves Chicken Aflredo and so I decided I needed to learn how to make it myself. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was pretty easy and really tasty.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream (I used whole milk because I was too lazy to buy cream)
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions:
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

-Okay, I didn't add parsley to this recipe. I didn't add it to the stew recipe either. I never have fresh parsley in my fridge and forgot to buy it. I figured it wouldn't make or break the recipe, but who knows, maybe the parsley really makes the dish. Next time, I will have to try it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mary!!! Good to see you posted on your site. :) How are you doing? This sauce looks delish and easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of parsley and have actually never used it. However, I have a small bunch that keeps growing in my backyard. . . and it's even growing right now, for some reason. So, if you ever want to throw some in, come on over!

    ReplyDelete