Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday: Butter Chicken
Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner- Eggs, hash browns, and sausage links
Wednesday: Baked Ziti- First time making this one. Hope it is good!
Thursday: Beef Stew
Friday: Pork Chops with apples
Monday, April 4, 2011
- 4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- ¼ cups Butter
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream- the original recipe calls for a pint of whipping cream but that seemed like a lot. I just add the cream until I think it tastes good which for me is 1/4 of a cup. You can also uses half and half for a slightly less fattening options:)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper- I don't love spicy food and so I just leave this out but if you are going to add it, put it in the marinade with the other spices
- 1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste- We can't eat cilantro in our house. My husband think it tastes like soap but it sounds like a lovely addition to the recipe. Add this right before serving.
Combine first 8 ingredients and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream just before serving over Basmati rice.