- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic - I only used 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. 2 tbsp sounded like a little too much.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the penne pasta, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place bacon in the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp. Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon and tomato mixture.